Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Too many people

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Rambler 
#1 ·
When I was a kid the US population was around 186 million. When we camped in the Smokies & Ozarks we were frequently the only people in the campgronds.

When I did most of my rambling in the early & mid 70s the population had climbed to just over 200 million. Still, I had many places - some of the most popular national parks - to myself.

And even in the 90s when I did a lot of partnering work with a division of IBM that was HQd in Boulder I could go up to Brainard Lake for a nice, evening walk and I wouldn't see many other people.

Now I see this - https://www.recreation.gov/timed-entry/10087515 - you actually have to get tickets to get a parking slot at the Brainard trailheads.

Puts me in mind of the old Hollies song (which I'm sure Ron will appreciate):

There's a story that I read about in books
About the bad times that people had
That's how He planned it
You can't do naught about it
Too many people
The black plague came along and wiped out quite a few
The rats came with the graves, that's how we knew
That's how He planned it
Too many people

This ain't no story
No fairy tale
These things have happened once before
Ask yourself the question
When will it end?
There ain't no foolin' death
So you just gotta sit and wait

Too many people
Too many people

This ain't no story
No fairy tale
These things have happened once before
Ask yourself the question
When will it end?
There ain't no foolin' death
So you just gotta sit and wait
A million people died
In great wars that we know
They sacrificed their lives
Just goes to show
That's how He planned it

Too many people (There's too many people)
Too many people
Too many people
Too many people, oh, yeah

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I think a lot of it is they realized they could permit/fee that as well, just like all the hiking trail and camping permits/fees they've been collecting over the years. They learned from IL government to permit and fee the populace to death.

Sometime back in the mid or late 70s, I remember having a bumper sticker that asked "How dense can we get?" Obviously not much heed was paid to that, as we're still getting denser by the day. It's going to get worse before, or if, it ever gets better. Especially since we have the dense morons who say we can keep taking in uncontrolled amounts of persons to the country.

#8 ·
My neighbor next door met a woman online from France ,she moved in ,her son moved in ,a cousin moved in,everybody wants to move in ,the BLM neighbor is pooping out babies as fast as she can across from me,people everywhere on my block I never saw before ,two doors away the eastern block first two,then 3,4 5 ,TOO MANY PEOPLE

#9 ·
oldsalt said:
My neighbor next door met a woman online from France ,she moved in ,her son moved in ,a cousin moved in,everybody's wants to move in ,the BLM neighbor is pooping out babies as fast as she can across from me,people everywhere on my block I never saw before ,two doors away the eastern block first two,then 3,4 5 ,TOO MANY PEOPLE
Goddamn French and their open borders, someone needs to close them before it's too late.

Funny how people who typically complained online about overpopulation also were typically the biggest covid hawks.
No one take it personally please, just general observations from an indifferent observer.

And side note, you will need all the eastern block and south of the border migrants to replenish the ranks once all the 72 genders decide the babies are over rated.

#10 ·
Too many people, mean too many cars. I went from a 18 ft fiberglass dry ride boat to a 15 ft tin can wet ride, but on the plus side can french woman cook.I got this shuffling, pathetic old man look down pat ,like a old dog you just want to give something to eat.The portions are sort of small,but so good.

#13 ·
I've been getting BWCA reports from a paper in Duluth. Last year was a disaster - assholes on the loose.

Sounds like they're clamping down this year. Might mean my best friend & I will forego the BWCA & just hit lakes in No. WI. in Sept. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.