Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting skunked @ Axhead went to Twin lakes. Must have still been cold from early a.m. opened the car door (extremely windy) and then promply shut it. Too freakin' cold. I do plan on going back often, paid $15 for pass, will keep you posted.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will, my son has a class right by there on Sat. @ 9:00a.m. I'm going to try to make it over there, but I can only stay about an hour or so. Let me know. Also, have you ever caught any pike or tiger muskie there? I think they have smallies there too.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Of the 15 years I fished Twin I have never seen a Smallie, but heard of one from a guy I wouldn't trust for anything. I have caught 2 tigers and seen many more caught. Now might be the right temp for em, but I don't know much about fishing for em.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know much about them either, except musky are very, very skiddish. My cousin, in Northern Wisconsin, is a tournament muskie angler. He told me how to set up a rig, and what lures to use. Let's throw it on the wall and see if it sticks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.