Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the Bass Monkey off my back. Fished the lagoons today and finally got my first bass of the year. Tried using hard plasitcs with now luck, wen't to my go to bait towards the end and got this one on a black senko. After this one the bite really started to pick up and I was gettting strike after strike without hooking up with any of them. I think it was a combination of overenthusiastic premature hook sets and too light of a line. I use braided spiderwire and had #6 flouro leader on. One fish bit clean through the line before I even set the hook, and another snapped the leader material on hook set. But hey, it feels good to get over that bass hump anyway.

I should give lessons on how to take self photos using the camera timer. Look at how centered that pic is! :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was using 5" senkos rigged weightless with a 4/O gemaktsu offset worm hook. I love the gemakatsu hooks, they're razor sharp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've found little success with texas rigged senkos. I usually use five inch with a 4/O hook. I'd imagine with a six inch senko the 2/O hook might be a bit on the small side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.