Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Lagoon 6 from 9am until about 11:30. Missed a few strikes and lost one at shore. Managed these two on 5" black senkos.

The highlight of the morning was a guy who was fishing near me who managed to haul in this monster.

He was using crawlers or something and I couldn't believe when he pulled the hook out he was using the same size hooks I was using a couple months ago at the trout opener. I wish I could say I got this hawg but at least it's good to know there are some big fish in there.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Good job out there.

That a really nice fish the other guy got. You can see just how ripped up the tail is on that hawg from the beds.

Did he return that majestic fish back to the water?

I plan on hitting up the Goons early, early Sunday morning in hopes of avoiding the large crowds this weekend. Haven't been there in probably 15 years, but hope to catch something.

Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all fish were successfully released. I saw him wrestle it in and had my fingers crossed he'd put it back in the water. As soon as he got it out, removed the hook, allowed me to snap the pic, the fish was wet. :) Maybe next time I'll be able pull that big girl in.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
I'm actually familiar with that exact spot the guy caught that fish. It's always very productive. Thanks for the post Brian.

·
Registered
953 Posts
That's great to hear. I know people are allowed to take fish that big, but it's great when you see them release a big one back to the fold. 8)

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Look at the tail on that big one.. Ripped UP....that hog was hungry after his work was done :wink:

Nice catch

·
Registered
345 Posts
Islandfisher said:
Damn, that's a nice fish. Can't wait to take the SS awesome the lagoons next Tuesday.
Id love to get out on the Lagoons on a boat(Especially the SS Awesome), only done shore fishing for now.
If I can get the time off work do you mind a tag along?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Sure thing Danno! Just be prepared the SS Awesome is small and can be a little unstable at times (2glasseyes refuses to go on it anymore), but it's a lot of fun.

I'm planning on getting to the lagoons around 5 a.m. If you can't get the time off of work you could always just meet me before you have to go in.

Anyone else want to ditch work and get an armada started?

5/29/07, 5 a.m., lagoons

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
JasonN said:
I'm actually familiar with that exact spot the guy caught that fish. It's always very productive. Thanks for the post Brian.
now how the hell you gonna tell me you know the exact spot where this guy is standing by looking at that picture!!! :shock: LMAO!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm off of work next tuesday as well, and will probably be there before sunrise, so if you guys are on lagoon six I'll proabably see you guys aboard the ss awesome from shore. Good luck and see you then.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I might just have to meet you guys out there if I take tuesday off. Good luck on the ss awesome. That thing is a death trap! lol. I only go out on it in water thats ok to swim in. :D I'll choose the canoe anyday.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
Good luck on the ss awesome. That thing is a death trap! lol. I only go out on it in water thats ok to swim in.
LOL, 2GE speaks the truth!

You should ditch work on Tuesday, say you have to go to the dentist. Maybe toothdoc could hook you up with a doctors note!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.