Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the lagoons (#5) after work today from about 3pm - 5pm armed with Senkos. Had one on and it worked itself free in the weeds. Nothing other than that. Am hopefully planning on making it out there before the sun does tommorow morning and putting in some good time. Any suggestions. I worked with Senkos for the first time today, wasn't sure if I was doing it right. Also which of the Lagoons is producing well right now. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Hey Brian...

If you've ever fished with a Slug-go, it's very much like how you fish a Senko. Texas rig it and don't use a weight. Basically cast it out bring it to life... twitch, pause, etc. It really is immitating a minnow more than a worm. Keep that in mind.

As for which lagoon to fish, 5 is a good one. I always like 6 but the weeds are pretty bad this year. Don't be afraid to move around. I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is staying in one spot too long. Don't beat it to death if ya ain't catchin' nothin'. Skokie Lagoons gives you lots of structure and ability to move around. And if you're getting out there early, try some topwater baits. You can also work a Senko along the surface which can be deadly if done right.

Let us know how you do!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts