Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out from 5pm till 8pm. Got skunked, pretty bad, not even a bite. Although I dindn't see ANYTHING else being caught so maybe it wasn't just me. I brought my fiance with me and was determined to demonstrate my fishing prowess but at the end of the day... ...well, maybe I'll just chalk this one up to her scaring them away :wink: . So after not being able to land even one little bass we did the next best thing to fishing, we went out for sushi.

By the way, I think I ran into Jason N out there. Haven't met him before but either him or his clone walked by and said hello.

If it was you Jason, I hope you had a lot better luck than we did.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
That was indeed me, Brian. And I didn't do any better.

Fished from 7pm-8pm; temps about 80; calm winds; mostly sunny. Looked perfect to catch some good fish. When I got there some BIG fish were splashing around, not carp, but bass. Threw the Tournament frog, Senko's, a buzzbait, a Minus 1 --- zilch. Talked to a few other people (Rainking included but not knowing it was him) and everyone else was catching the skunk as well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Glad you kept a positive attitude :) You're lucky you got your fiance to stick around with you for 3 hours. After taking mine out to Beck a few times and getting skunked every time, I decided that I just can't catch anything at Beck with her watching me :? Beck can really be tough, especially these days with the weeds. One of these days, though, when we finally pull up a trophy fish while they're watching, our better halves will understand why we keep on going fishing :D ...

.... shhhh.... yes... it's a little addictive :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts