Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out with my dad from 4pm-6:00pm Was REALLY humid and nasty, sweatin bullets out there. Anyways... the fishing conditions were excellent. Overcast, had a light breeze coming across the water. Threw nothing but 5" smoke black w/ silver flake senkos again, managed to come up with 12 fish between me and my dad. I got 5, he got 7. He got a nice 19-20" 4lbs'er, but unfortunately this is one of the days I forgot the camera at home because I picked him up right after leaving the office instead of stopping home first. Was a beautiful fish, my dad's biggest of the season here at our little honey hole. I then realized right as he was letting the fish swim off after a slow release to rejuvenate it, that I remembered i had a camera on my phone lol... oh well. we'll get some more hawgs, will have pics the next time. We woulda stayed longer for the REAL evening bite, where we probably would have picked up another dozen fish IMO, considering we got a dozen in the hot humid afternoon, but as we were standin there on the shore we watched a blanket of water start to move across the lake and all the sudden we were getting poured on. it was probably the coolest thing ive ever seen, though, watching that water come across the lake like a blanket just slowly enveloping the whole thing. It looked liek a large crowd doing the wave at a ballgame or somethin lol. the rain felt really good, but we got soaked real quick and decided to pack it up when we heard some thunder and saw the occasional lightning bolt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.