Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the following two areas of the lagoons (in blue) for about an hour. Not a single nibble on senkos (3 colors) and top waters (pop-r, skitter pop). Weather was so nice I didn't pay too much attention to the temp, winds, or or structure (if any) that I was casting into. Just glad that I got out today despite the skunk.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
better luck next time Eric. :D

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Next time!!!! and there is always a next time :lol:
head to the south part of the Lagoon

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have had most of my luck fishing the #5 & #6 Lagoons which are the two on the far north side of the lagoons. Jason should have alot of input here as he was a regular at the lagoons for a long time. All the typical largemouth baits seem to work at the lagoons. White spinner baits seem to be a favorite. You have to keep any bait you use above the weeds along the shoreline. If you're after crappies try small white twister tails or swimming tail type grubs on a 1/8 oz. jig. Good luck

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Lagoons 5 and 6 have always been my favorites, but the weeds have become extremely thick the past 2 years. However, if you find some pockets and structure, you can catch some real nice bass. A canoe or boat can really help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts