Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished all day. Sarted out sunny, clouds rolled in around noon, then snow started around 3. Got a few white bass, as well as a few little pike. The white bass were tiny.

For some reason we didnt get a pic of seans pike :? Oh well. Great times!!!

· Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a question for you guys that keep the white bass. How many do you need to make it worth while to clean and cook them? I hope to get a fish fry out of those little guys if I can ever get consistant catching them. We see them on the vex, but the catching has been pretty slim. We have tried a few different presentations but no dice. :?

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Just a few but the ones I have been catching on the chain range from 10-14" anything below 10" is thrown back for next year as a white bass growth rate is amazing. In one year it will trip its size. Believe me I had one in the my tank and man did grow fast and ate like a pig. Do you tip your jigging spoons with anything? I usually tip my pimples with 4-5 spikes in red and white.

· Registered
959 Posts
Those are some really nice pike. I wish I could catch them that "small". :shock: I will say, that is one small ass white bass though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.