Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the glen today after skunking at lake arlington. i had a few bites there but didnt hook any. i've never caught anything at glenview until today. i landed a monster up in the north end along the rocky edge near the lookout tower. was using a deep diving crankbait

haha..dont know why i had that crazy stare.. :shock:

forgot to add that the first time going here, my friend caught a walleye with a spinner at the same spot. wasn't that big but was still the first fish landed ^^

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nice bass...I went twice last week and only ended up with a bunch of crappie and gills. They were nice size, but I just get tired of catching them after a while. That bass is the biggest and nicest looking bass I've seen there. Did you happen to get any measurements? What kind of crankbait were you using?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice job crankin that fish out of the glen !

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Nice job on the bass! I went there yesterday afternoon for about an hour and lost 2 bass right near shore. I fished the north end and was using a plastic worm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, i didn't get measurements, but i would estimate it was around 17-18 inches. it's definitely the biggest bass i've ever caught. i was using the bomber model a series that dives 8-10 feet. the bass hit when i was doing a slower retrieval

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Way to go, bearscubs! Glad you got on a decent fish at Lake Glenview.

Looks like the next couple fo days will be the best of the week for fishing (and that ain't saying much as the forecast sucks). Perhaps i'll hit the Glen on an early afternoon Mon or Tue.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
nice job. that's a fine catch for the glen. congrats. that northern area doesn't see as much pressure and there is a nice point that holds some decent bass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts