Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a difference a few days can make with the weather! How does the saying go? If you don't like the weather in Chicago, just wait a few hours and it will change. :lol: That is literally what happened this morning. It was 50 degrees, cloudy and windy when I arrived there.

I immediately went to the stump field because of the wind was coming out of the south and that area was the most protected. I started casting for Mr. Musky that I met last week, but that was a wasted effort. I then tried a Zoom Trick Worm weightless and caught a 10" LMB. I went to a Jig n' Pig and had a good fish on, but lost him in the structure. :( That was all the action I could get there today. I talked to a couple of other guys there and they got the skunk, so I guess I could have done worse.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for the report Tim. At least you were able to feel something at the end your line. It sucks to go out and not feel anything.

P.S. I love this cooler weather!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was out at IG today from 9-11 am. Skunk. But I kind of knew it was going to be one of those days.

I tried the jig and pig but got my one and only jig stuck well into a log and couldn't free it.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Props to you for getting out today, Tim. Tough conditions after the extended warm spell.

That area you fished is awesome. The structure and trees are a haven for fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.