Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 5pm-6pm, it was a little windy.

29"

will keep you tuned.....

ps: Keep the DPR on the down-low so we don't have it overfished and trashed, and Please catch and release the pike don't let this river get ruined... and I heard they taste horribly.

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Nice Job Croc, And I Agree About Keeping our fish from harm. They should treat the river as if it were there OWN personal honey hole. don't Trash it.. don't put it out there TO Much and just go out enjoy the wonderful fall colors and fish with your buddies. And hopefully a few bonus fish :-]]

Keep them coming

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Me too Tony, he left just enough around the edges :wink:

I just have to point out that you mentioned you want to keep the river on the "down low", in a post on the internet about it. Kind of a conflict of interest, yes? :lol: Just thought that was funny.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
twoglasseyes said:
Me too Tony, he left just enough around the edges :wink:

I just have to point out that you mentioned you want to keep the river on the "down low", in a post on the internet about it. Kind of a conflict of interest, yes? :lol: Just thought that was funny.
Yea, but l tryed not to give away the location, just wanted to show how big the pike are starting to get it's not to long untill someone lands a 40".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ejeraser said:
Nice Pike but what is with the back ground dont be scared to show the back ground where u caught the fish the whole river practicly looks the same. Makes me wonder was it realy caught on the DPR?
Fool it was caught on the DPR I just don't won't my spot, and my face and some other people faces on the internet. :shock:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
CroC said:
ejeraser said:
Nice Pike but what is with the back ground dont be scared to show the back ground where u caught the fish the whole river practicly looks the same. Makes me wonder was it realy caught on the DPR?
Fool it was caught on the DPR I just don't won't my spot, and my face and some other people faces on the internet. :shock:
Then why post? LOL

I have ran into some good people off this site while out fishing and have fished with some of them also. That's one thing that makes this site good... Then its not even worth posting. Unless maybe your a convict on the Run I can understand then... :lol:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
CroC said:
It probably was caught on the DPR, then dropped and rolled around in some mud, then lost all of its protective slime coating. Oh well. That's what I was able to gather from this picture, part of a detailed report

And I agree with a previous comment - unless you are fishing under a bridge or next to a dam, the DPR looks pretty much the same all around. Bunch of leaves on the ground, mud, and trees. Yup, that's the DPR.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
wmuallstar said:
I am all about CPR on pike in these parts but who are you trying to fool by saying they taste bad.....pike are delicious. I only harvest them from waters that have a robust fishery, like when we are up in Canada.
amen brotha. pike are delicious. that flaky white meat..mmm mmmm mmm. But I do my harvesting in Minnesota where the pike are plentiful

·
Registered
5 Posts
mplant1 said:
wmuallstar said:
I am all about CPR on pike in these parts but who are you trying to fool by saying they taste bad.....pike are delicious. I only harvest them from waters that have a robust fishery, like when we are up in Canada.
amen brotha. pike are delicious. that flaky white meat..mmm mmmm mmm. But I do my harvesting in Minnesota where the pike are plentiful
The real key to eating pike is getting good at fileting the Y bones out. Once you get that down its heaven....

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Nice Report Croc :D

Keep them Coming, You don't HAVE to post, you choose to. And as it is a public forum you can display your post as you wish. So GREAT Pike And thanks for sharing.

Keep them coming :D :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.