Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pez brothers report with pics from the river today. Got about 10 smallies. The biggest two being the ones in the pictures. I also got bit off by a ~16" northern. Lost my Rebel Crawdad! Pretty fun day. First time I've ever been out on the Fox.

All fish were caught on Rebel Crawdads, in a variety of different locations/presentations.

My brother's

Mine

·
Registered
401 Posts
was a fun day bro! Morning started out great with that nice little football I got on my 2nd cast after steppin into the water. Definitely started out chilly, but as the sun came up the bite picked up a bit and it made it a little bit more comfortable to be out there. All in all a great day and the scenery on the river was gorgeous with all the trees changing etc. will be out there again next weekend!

·
Registered
401 Posts
not exactly sure where you can gain access. I have a friend that lives on the river in algonquin and we just park at his house and walk through his backyard and right into the river. as far as public access i couldnt even begin to tell you. most the areas i park/fish are private and arent really fishable unless you're wading. there's a park a mile up stream from where we were that had some public fishing access. thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Btw, for those that fish the Fox a lot, can smallies be caught pretty much anywhere, north or south? I was looking at a couple of spots south of where we were today. Specifically, where Poplar Creek dumps into the Fox, in Elgin. Anyone have any experience in that area? Or maybe even further south than that? I'll be looking to fish the Fox more and more this fall, and any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I just saw this report. Good work Guys, sorry I didn't see it sooner. Thanks for the Report..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Legend075 said:
I've done pretty good further north from where you guys where at deeper holes :wink:
North of the dam? We waded all the way up to the dam in Algonquin(I think it's in Algonquin, right by a park, where a few people were shore fishing), but ran out of time. Had to get back to watch the Bears. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
ya we plan on workin our way south downriver from where we started this coming weekend. first time in the area and we worked our way upriver as far as the waterfall/park in algonquin where the river opens up real wide for the pleasure boaters. this weekend it's downriver :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.