Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This reminded me so much of my fishing days back home. Not the catching part of course, but the racing to the water after work to get in as much fishing as I could before the sun went down. As soon as I left work I ran home for the waders and fishing gear, then to the Fox. Not very much to report but my Fox Skunk is off! I caught one dink...at least he was bigger than the last one though. The pic will be posted later. Now I am so excited for spring...

Anyone else out on the Fox tonight?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I was going to go on the fox shores tonight but decided to hold off till tomarrow morning maybe. The winds are way to strong and its getting really cold out there. I was out a couple of weeks ago and caught some small large mouth and some small cats but thats all. I usually fish in the Fox River Grove area and Barrington area as well. What about you?

·
Registered
144 Posts
koolaid2313 said:
Now I am so excited for spring...
Im Glad To Hear Your Excited For Spring But Don't You Like Ice Fishing???
Going To Places Where no Boats are allowed and the Fish Were Always Jumping 10 Feet Further Than You Just Casted??? Being able to Explore Unchartered Waters And Finding Your Bounty??

Im Glad to see that you do like the outdoors and Take every Opportunity Possible to Enjoy Them. :lol:
Keep Up The Good Work and The Posting.

BTW don't forget the Pics of the Big One

Chuck

·
Registered
308 Posts
Congratulations for kicking your dry spell. Only you would be satisfied with a dink until spring. What are you? A Camel? I can't believe you're satisfied until spring with a 5 incher that you played with for 30 seconds.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChgoEnforcer said:
koolaid2313 said:
Now I am so excited for spring...
Im Glad To Hear Your Excited For Spring But Don't You Like Ice Fishing???
Going To Places Where no Boats are allowed and the Fish Were Always Jumping 10 Feet Further Than You Just Casted??? Being able to Explore Unchartered Waters And Finding Your Bounty??

Im Glad to see that you do like the outdoors and Take every Opportunity Possible to Enjoy Them. :lol:
Keep Up The Good Work and The Posting.

BTW don't forget the Pics of the Big One

Chuck
I'm sure I will love ice fishing once I get to try it a couple more times. I have only been out two times with my brother and didn't catch anything either time. I need to get a hitch on my Checy Malibu and a single place trailer and I am sure there will be PLENTY of people willing to take me ice fishing LOL. My Rev even has a 2-up seat on it.

Plus, I kayak fish so I usually can go where other boats can not :wink:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big Bass Lee said:
Congratulations for kicking your dry spell. Only you would be satisfied with a dink until spring. What are you? A Camel? I can't believe you're satisfied until spring with a 5 incher that you played with for 30 seconds.
Sometimes it is not the length that matters but the action :wink:

·
Registered
308 Posts
You mean Dead Sticking is no good? Wiggling the worm is too tiresome. I need to dead stick it some times. When I'm doing other things like drinking coffee, reading the paper, smoking a cigarette, and so on. I'd like the worm to do the work for me.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big Bass Lee said:
You mean Dead Sticking is no good? Wiggling the worm is too tiresome. I need to dead stick it some times. When I'm doing other things like drinking coffee, reading the paper, smoking a cigarette, and so on. I'd like the worm to do the work for me.
:roll: You do that dead sticking too much and you'll never catch any fish. :roll:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bassman For Life said:
Sometimes it is not the length that matters but the action :shock:
Ya, the smallie actually put up a good little fight for his size. What were you thinking? :shock:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Karen,
That is what I am talking about fishing from a kayak. I have always wanted to do that. I fish once in a while from my waverunner. So whats a good spot this time of the year on the fox near Barrington.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ejeraser said:
Karen,
That is what I am talking about fishing from a kayak. I have always wanted to do that. I fish once in a while from my waverunner. So whats a good spot this time of the year on the fox near Barrington.
I really like the Pungo 120 by Wilderness Systems for a good fishing kayak. I have mine rigged with a rod holder so I can carry two if I want. There is enough room by my feet to carry a backpack with 1-2 plano drawers full of tackle. This kayak is EXTREMELY stable and takes almost your full body weight to tip over. A good size bass will drag me all over a lake if I do not have an anchor out.

As for the pic, I did not take it. Darth should post it when he has a chance to get online.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Cold front...snow squalls mixed with hail..dropping water temps...Guys the girl's got skillz 8)

Just wait til ya see what she pulls out next Spring=)

Pleasure fishin' with ya Ms. Koolaid as always :wink:

·
Registered
401 Posts
nice little fish karen! great colors! i'm sure the waders are making all the difference! that water is starting to get really cold! me and my brother will be out tomorrow night and let ya know how we do!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am, but if my waders were not in I'd still be doing it. :D I am always happy to be outdoors.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.