Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea again,cloud cover,got to get out on those days,bite on entire river ,good,made it to the SPOT,lost big fish first cast,dozen casts later big fish on,heads down stream had to stop him,snap goes my rod,my 9.6 rod is now 7ft,got the fish in and the truck is a long walk back for another rod,topwater again.
Water Vertebrate Watercourse Fish Plant
Fisherman Fish hook Fish Bait Food
Plant Fisherman Fish Recreation Fishing
Vertebrate Plant Fish Fisherman Tail
Water Lake Body of water Fisherman Watercourse

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
It's not often the water levels are this low when the temps start to drop. It makes so much more fishable/walkable shoreline in those stretches of the Fox between Elgin and Yorkville. Love that popper bite too, talk about adrenaline!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thru a Similar Luckycraft 70 green white feathers as well today.Had No Luck with it. I believe I was fishing south of you. Saw people out every day this week scattered up and down the river. Walked away from a bunch of small fish,today stopped counting ,moved on. Managed a 16 incher on a dark grub for my best. Too me the Water was high compared to what I had read on the USGS site. Places that were knee deep a few days ago are now waist high. Water was also a bit dirty.IMHO LOL! rAN INTO Jason Norris.on the River last week, at the EXACT same place I met him 15 years ago Serendipity Was great fun to talk about Old Days on this site and names such as Andrew Ragas, Brandon Sheperd and the infamous Ken G.. Seems like not that long ago until I look in the Mirror and see an old guy looking back~

·
Registered
20 Posts
That was you I passed, eh OldSalt??! You left me a couple nice ones. Two of the biggest smallies I’ve ever caught, within 5 minutes of each other. Both pushing 3+.The Chugga Bugga was working.
Vertebrate Goggles Smile Sunglasses Fisherman
Vertebrate Goggles Fish Fisherman Sunglasses

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea,back to the truck ,for another pole,then went down river,but it changes more mud bottom, less current,more LM than SM,those are nice fish,will bring a chug bug with,canit fish today,no food,no clean laundry, no clean dishes,no money,no energy,but got plenty,leg,foot,hand ,back, neck pain,maybe the river tomorrow or Braidwood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts