Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Unbelievable. A completely and utterly ignorant thing to do.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Ya ,thats pretty unbelievable :shock: :( Has anyone confirmed this or just word of mouth ?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Last week's news. It's been confirmed. DNR received a tip from a regular on another fishing site who had snagged into a gill net placed in the creek near the dam. DNR showed up and pulled the net. I don't know about 100-150 fish. I've been told it was a couple of musky and some walleye. Some fish (from what I heard, not through rootpro) were alive and returned to the water.

Side note, I'm organizing an anti-buckethead group of beer drinking vigilantes through another site. Got 4 guys signed up so far. Anyone here interested talk to me.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
plus they are taking polluted fish? this kinda crap makes me like the idea of private fishing forums. I had enoug respect to begin my time on wcf by sharing info. others lurk and thats ok. But the poacher have kids who show them these websites or something(I think the poachers are too stupid to find it themself) Itd be nice if there was a general area which new people see and then if they make some posts they get to see the site specific areas.
Im not suggesting you change anything Jason, but I just dont know...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Its unbelievable that people would even bother... Limits of fish are so generous in so many areas, in my opinion you should never even keep a musky ever, I understand people mounting some, but to eat a musky... Whats the point.

It makes me so upset when I see people two trip or take more than there limit of salmon too. I mean 10 salmon fillets A DAY, what are these people doing with all this fish... Jesus.

·
Registered
35 Posts
RootPro,

I think your getting the poaching at Salt Creek and a fish Kill on Pita Lake in Elk Grove mixed up. Pita is a private lake and hundreds of fish died most likely from the winter and lack of oxygen. At Salt Creek the DNR pulled the nets that had 10-15 walleyes and two muskies for what I heard. The fish were carted up the hill and released into Busse. Unsure if some where dead or died after the release.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Newb here,
I just wanted to say that I love this site, and it's nice to know that others out at the wwd actually see whats going on. You can count me in on the bucketbashing brigade. Has anyone contacted or complained to the dnr so they get off their lazy *** and do something about this. I would be more than happy to help get this done. I've been going to busse for at least 15 yrs and have only seen dnr there twice. That seems pretty unacceptable for as much pressure as that place gets. I'm done now ...that is all. :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think we are getting too worked up, for example- outdoor notebook says that mallard was stocked once and then again with 12 inch muskies. And they estimate 150 caught already at .78 lb weight. they estimated muskie fishing effort accounted for 1% of fishing. So someone is attempting to do some science and if needed(or propted) they will put up a block at the dam and restock since these fish really seem to be taking to the lake (or are they just loving the constant food supply at the wwd?)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I agree with you on this. IF there are muskie in the salt creek now soon they will sure be in the DPR as well. Is crazy on this becuase Muskie are a big time killer fish. But I also think maybe some goof thought they could catch some minoes for bait there and thought wrong who knows but nothing to worry about lets stick to the game plan and report the fish bite.

·
Registered
369 Posts
that must be the reason i only saw two nice walleyes today. it disgusts me that people are that ignorant and that the cops are that shitty. in about 6 years of fishing that area at busse, ive been checked twice. thats pitiful in my book.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mplant1 said:
Last week's news. It's been confirmed. DNR received a tip from a regular on another fishing site who had snagged into a gill net placed in the creek near the dam. DNR showed up and pulled the net. I don't know about 100-150 fish. I've been told it was a couple of musky and some walleye. Some fish (from what I heard, not through rootpro) were alive and returned to the water.

Side note, I'm organizing an anti-buckethead group of beer drinking vigilantes through another site. Got 4 guys signed up so far. Anyone here interested talk to me.
mplant, i'm interested. e-mail me at [email protected]. billyk

·
Registered
506 Posts
and whats with the tampond tubes every where. im thinking hospital has something to do with polution

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.