Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the East branch Sunday for a few hours with the nice weather. ~15.0' and ~70 cf/s out of Bolingbrook. Low, ~2' of vis. No grass or algae issues. Slow dragging craws got most. Only dinks would peck at a swimbait, got one on a jerkbait. Fish still hanging around current seams and the adjacent slack area, definitely in the slow, deep holes too. Mostly light bites on the craw. Pretty sure I broke off a walleye. Got between a big buck and a doe and almost crapped my pants. Later had a coyote cross the river and come right toward me, wtf lol. No mountain lions. Too lazy for pics, biggest topped around 17". Passed by the west branch and noticed some stream rehabilitation work being done around and north of 75th St. which I thought was interesting.

Streambank Stabilization Project | The City of Naperville

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worked a half day on Sunday and figured I'd check out the West Branch rehabilitation area as I was somewhat nearby. Didn't bring any gear. These pics are looking north and south just off Hobson. Just streambank restoration as far as I can tell and aligns with the work that was described in the above link. I was surprised to see skim ice in the open areas after noon. It was 15 degrees when I left for work though. Another section I saw was completely locked up but is often shaded most of the day. I'll be getting out tomorrow and/or Wednesday probably down the main before I head out of town on Thursday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts