Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the water at 7am off at 2 pm,hit a channel,on Channel Lake,small crappie which means get out, hit two large wooden piers few fish,not what I am looking for,fish are going deeper looking for green weeds,anchored in a wind blown bay,4ft stuffs of green weeds ,with open areas of sandy bottom,never moved ,minnows and gulp,got to the point I was throwing fish on the bottom of the boat,the crappie bite is getting subtle, water is colder, missed a lot of them. Food Tableware Cuisine Seafood Dish

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cook fish twice a week,each time enough for two days ,so 4 days a week I eat fish,the cost to take the boat out is a lot,pretty much avoid buying meat this way,I clean 40 fish , hour ,10 minutes start to finish, the chain is a great fishery,you can launch at Channel Lake and hit every lake on the chain,if you got a fast boat,or their are launches everywhere ,just got to deal with the boats.,looks like next two days will be it for the boat.Start to get ready for Clinton Lake, good winter shoreline fishing there,and I got a spot on the chain to wade at night for walleye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts