·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 of us showed up to brave the cold & snow
Nobody was able to land a 14" qualifier today :(
toothdoc was close with a 13 3/4" fish
Both Basscaster and toothdoc also landed a 13 1/2" fish
The rest of us landed a bunch of 12" bass a ton of bluegills and a couple carp :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
It was great to be out there in the snow with everybody and meet a few new members. The fishing was tough and even though there were some bigger bass there, they didn't seem interested in anything that we offered. :( All of the bass that I caught were quite fat, so they are eating something. :?

On a side note, Culprit became the Windy City Tournament Trail Angler of the Year. So congrats to Culprit. 8)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Congrats Aris on the AOTY title!

Tony (#1cubsfan) caught a bunch of 13 1/2", 13 3/4" but no qualifiers =(.

With 5 mins left Tony and Mike had a double that looked to be two qualifiers but alas they were both about a 1/2" too short.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well before everyone started disputing the WDD regulation size for these competitions I had read Augy's post from way back with the official rules. He did indeed say 12" in that post just for WDD. Maybe we need a recount? :)

Anyhoo, sounds like you guys had a blast. I'm hoping to squeeze in at least a couple tournament showings in 2008.

-bartmandude

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
We had to park on the residential street due to the fact that the entrance wasn't opened. I know that Tony talked to a homeowner who said that it was okay. I wouldn't do it every time though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.