Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the wwd from 11:30-3:00. The water was high and very cloudy from all of the morning rain; this caused a lot of spots to be inaccessible. It was overcast out with temps in the high 40's.

I caught five large mouths and one small mouth (I found a spot where I had could cast between two trees). All the fish were tiny in the 6-9" range. All were caught between 11:30 and 1:00.

I wasn't able to spot any huge fish because of how cloudy the water was. I bet our toothy friend was in there some where though.

-Islander

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
yeah, it's difficult to fish there when the water is high. are you sure that was a smallmouth you caught? :shock:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the report, but like Augy said, are you sure that was a smallmouth? There aren't any smallmouths in there unless somebody released some.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Sounds like a good day all in all . I just wonder who will be the first one to fall in the water ....it sure does get sliiiiiperyyyyy over there :lol:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought for sure that it was a small mouth. However, I have made mistakes identifying fish past so you guys are probably right. I'm going there again tomorrow to try my luck. I'll make sure to take a picture so you guys can me identify the fish (if I catch some thing similar again).

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Are you sure that it wasn't a white crappie? I saw a guy that was fishing at the Glen this summer calling crappies bass. :lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Augy said:
what u caught there might of been a rare hybrid muskybass!! :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
:lol:

This is another story, but has anyone every heard the stories of the piranhas in Busse :shock: seriously...since they are freshwater fish, someone must have stocked them.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw a news story a few months ago about a guy catching a piranha in the Des Plaines. There is certainly enough food for them around the wwd! :D

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
If theres any there they wont survive the winter.

I remember a few years ago someone caught 1 at Beck lake.

People letting pets go in the lakes.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
For as long as I can remember, this happens every couple of years. What happens is... people release their "pet" piranha's that get too big for their aquariums and they wind up getting caught by weekend anglers.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i wonder if there's a hybrid piranha bluegill somewhere??!! a blueranha?! :shock: or a crappie piranha? a pirappie?! :shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts