Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the summer home in Paw Paw MI. This was my best outing yet. Two personal bests. I caught my biggest northern pike ever and a walleye that I will probably not beat the rest of my days fishing. I also caught one nice bass. The numbers weren't great this trip but I would sacrifice numbers for fish like these anytime. I caught the eye on 6lb test with a Berkley Frenzie that I paid $1.00 for that was on clearence. Best dollar I ever spent! The picture of the northern was tough to take because I was by myself. I put the camera on a ledge for the pics of walleye so they were a little better. Was on the phone with my brother in the one pic. I will be going back to Paw Paw in early October. It's gonna be tough to beat this trip though.

...view from our cottage

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, I think the Northern was about 39-40 inches I caught him on an 8 inch Rapala and the Walleye on a Berkley frenzie Chad. I was told the Michigan state record was 17lbs. and yeah if she was full of eggs I would have been pretty close!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
SkunkedAgain said:
Frickin awesome! Who do I talk to fill out an application to join your family? Just think of how nice it would be to have another brother that loves to fish!
Hahaha, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Nice PB's, man.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.