Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello gents, went out to try my new rod and reel (shimano sahaara w medium f&s) so i was throwing the old split back rapala, and got this guy outta the pond in st charles by my brothers house , didnt have a tape or scale but im guessin 21"and 4.5#'s

· Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Beautiful fish, Not to be disrespectful or discredit your judgment but I'd say you guesstimated a little over :D We all do it when the adrenaline is pounding!

beautiful Fish buddy!!! St.Charles huh, Awesome Stuff ! i fish the fox a lot near the area and also fish alot of the ponds there are some lunkers! Beautiful March Fish, keep the Great pictures coming! I bet it felt especially good coming on your new Fishing Combo!

Great post

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks george, it was very exciting, mostly because it was the 1st of the year and on my new gear , i might have overguesstimated but it did feel pretty heavy, if not 4.5 maybe 4 or close to it!
I love fishin that area , have had lots of luck , heres a pic of another fatty i had a year ago at the same spot, on the same rapala!

· Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Nice Fish Man keep it up! We all Love pictures! Especially with the crazy weather we've been having lately. Keep the great reports coming looking forward to following your fishing escapades this season!

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the kind words fellas....yes that was the jointed rapala, by far my favorite lure in my tackle box......right before catching that guy i had a hawg which was even bigger then that one on my line he was also much more greener , well he snapped my line :cry: and took my rapala, luckily i had another....u can bet i'll be going to buy some more :lol:
Also want to just mention my wife was with me and she caught her 1st bass ever, she spent all of last year trying and got the skunk.....but as luck would have it she landed her 1st bass on our 1st outing WAWA WE WOW

· Premium Member
3,701 Posts
I'd Also Like to congratulate your wife On a successful outing, Her First Bass Ever, wow! Be sure to take that picture and make her a photo Album I'm sure she'll catch many more now that she's hooked one! the hunt will drive a woman crazy too! she''ll be begging you to go now... lol I'm sure thats not a problem though. Also the fishing albums are a great way to keep your personal fish and look back on them just keep them stored in your digital camera then go to Walgreen's and print them out for dirt cheap!

George

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.