Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

sunday was the day it was very cloudy until about noon then the sun decided 2 come out. :) I fished form 7am-630pm.got lots of blue gill and crappie but no bass.I couldn't figure how 2 get them 2 bite.so I decided 2 try something else.so i went 2 my tackle shop and looked around kinda dumbfounded wondering what 2 buy.so I got some 4in pumpkin w/blk & green flk senkos.I have never fished 1 before so figured I could experiment with some.And low and behold I was rewarded with a bass :D :D .I got a few more hits off them but coundn't set the hook,so can anyone tell me if I have it riged the right way?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Nice bass John. It looks like you have it texas rigged which is the most common way to fish a Senko. Another way is wacky rigged where you hook it in the middle and when it falls it gives the bait a totally different movement. Senkos are a great bass lure.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
To get a perfect senko action you need it rigged straight, no bend in the senko. Then if you let is just drop on its own it does a little wiggle thing as it drops. Sometimes they like it bent too though. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats John, and welcome to the club. Your texas rig looks good to me. I agree with the wacky rig that toothdoc describes: it can be more effective on some days. I switch between texas and wacky rigs at the beginning of the trip to see which the fish seem to prefer on a given day.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I prefer the wacky rig, because I feel like I have more control over its presentation.

One suggestion for the Texas rig would be to keep the hook buried just inside the worm. It keeps it weedless/snagless and doesn't impact hook up %.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.