Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Fox for carp 30 years ago and always associate it with good family memories. I remember seeing guys wading back then and being envious.

After living out of state for a number years I recently moved back to the area and set a small goal of wanting to catch a smallie out of the Fox and Lake Michigan this season. Have always been a pond\small lake shore fisherman but this spring boat some waders and look forward to working the Fox and DPR this year.

Wife and I went on a bikeride out of St. Charles yesterday (5\16) and before heading out fished for 20 minutes below the Illinois St bridge right by the bike shop and restaurant. Followed the advise from KenG and casted downstream with a small plastic w\very slow retrieval. Picked up my 1st Fox River smallmouth and was very very happy.

Thanks again to KenG and others for the great info. Not rocket science but still I would be trying my old pond\lake techniques if not for buying into the advice.

Obvioulsy hope to report back on outings yielding more than one little guy but this little guy was special. Thanks all!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Thanks. It's been a long time since I've fished St. Charles myself.

The technique works everywhere.

When it comes to wading, just ask. I've covered about 40 miles of the Fox and the creeks that feed into it, all wading, pretty much all from Geneva down through Yorkville.

I think I know a few spots, just let me know your comfort level. Some areas will make you wonder if your waders are leaking or if you just wet yourself. :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.