Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
It actually snowed a little bit today out at Lake Del. Ice should come early this year... I hope. I'll say by December 1st.

·
Registered
593 Posts
ChgoEnforcer said:
I was hoping for today with all that hail/sleet that was going on While I was at Whalon.
Is Will Co. allowing ice fishing on Whalon?

Heard great things about that lake.

Dec 20th in Cook Co.
We'll be fishing by Christmas.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
T Channel on Pistakee Lake by Famous Freddies on ThanksGiving Day, 1.5-2 inches of solid clear ice!!! :lol:

I'll be waiting 8) Although I think im getting too heavy to head out on that thin of ice anymore LOL I gotta lay off the beer before ice up :roll:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Fishable ice by Jan. 12 @ 11:53 p.m. Solid 4" within 20 ft of shoreline of the larger lakes. Ponds and small lakes will freeze to fishable ice by Dec. 17 9:14 p.m.

*Results may vary based on Latitude coordinates. But somewhere in the world this will happen. LoL

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Eye-

I Saw the skim ice this morning on a small pond at work....

Looking at pics from last year I was on ice at the Chain at the end of the first week in December. Alot of the lake channels freeze before the main bodies of water which allows for the early start.

I'm ready this year. I've been adding ice gear and look forward to getting out more then I did last year! See ya on the ice.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I was 1 day off my prediction of 12 -3, My buddy's are out on a certain bay on the chain right now cacthing gills on 3 -4 inches of ice! I will be ther saturday and sunday to wage Jihad against the infadel gill's and crappies! :lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I cant wait to catch a fish, its almost been a week!

I'll be out this weekend for sure :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
ChgoEnforcer said:
WrenchingnFishing said:
I cant wait to catch a fish, its almost been a week!

I'll be out this weekend for sure :D
DIDN'T YOU GO OUT TODAY????? :shock:
Na Man! I was going to wade the fox river for some walleyes, but didn't. I talked to Lance a couple times this morning and We will see you guys on the chain this weekend... :wink:

BTW- for the guys that fish lake zurich... Lake Zurich is still open water in the middle due to Geese... :roll:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Me, Kool-Aid possibly, Big Bass Lee, Mplant and not sure who else... Most likely Sunday if anything. IM gonna try to make it out saturday morning somewhere...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.