Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to the touhy bridge area today. I walked down about a half mile on the axehead side of the river fishing a spinner near fallen trees and stuff. After awhile I did a bad cast and the spinner got fouled up, and as I was dragging it back on top of the water I got a missed strike. So i kept fishing that spot a few minutes and I landed a 18-20 incher. Pike sure fight strange- it attacked the spinner and bent it all up but the fight only lasted about 2 seconds and then it just layed there still while I searched for my pliers :roll:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have only caught one Northern out of the DPR. But I also was struck by how placid it was. It hit hard and then it was like reeling in dead weight more than a fight. On shore I was alittle intimidadted from stories about northerns that I had heard. But he was very cooperative.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Thats weird. All the pike I have been catching on the DP the last few weeks thrash the shit out of the baits and dont stop fighting till I get them back in the water. Then again I guess I haven't caught all that many on the river to compare.

Maybe the ones you guys caught were sick, or confused. :?

·
Registered
38 Posts
yea the pike i catch to always fight although maybe some act diffrently depending on where they are caught, ya the touhy section has been doing great over the last couple of weeks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have noticed that with pike to. Some just seem to give up after a bit. At the DPR and delevan I have seen that. Fight for a bit, then just let you reel them in.

Maybe there learning, that if they stop fighting we wont fish for them anymore. And they will get back in the water quicker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.