Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back into local fishing after living out in California for a number of years. Great to see the Fox and DPR carrying decent populations of gamefish again.

Fished today near where I work in Rosemont. Threw medium size spinnerbaits with no luck.

After looking at archived posts seems shiners are the way to go for pike in the dpr.

Question, how is bass fishing in the river? Is the Rosemont area worth going back to with shiners or should I head north?

Any info you can share would be appreciated and I promise to share my results.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttmoran said:
Just got back into local fishing after living out in California for a number of years. Great to see the Fox and DPR carrying decent populations of gamefish again.

Fished today near where I work in Rosemont. Threw medium size spinnerbaits with no luck.

After looking at archived posts seems shiners are the way to go for pike in the dpr.

Question, how is bass fishing in the river? Is the Rosemont area worth going back to with shiners or should I head north?

Any info you can share would be appreciated and I promise to share my results.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello and welcome. I fish near rosemont by river and devon. Have had luck with pike but cannot seem to land a bass. When I was there sat saw tons of baby bass near fallen tree limb. Tried spinners crank baits and gulf 7 inch worms no luck. I will continue all the tricks and if they bite on something I will be happy to share. Goodluck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.