Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping that saturday will be my first day out on the fox river of this season if the weather holds up. Does anyone know if there is any floods due to the rain accumulation or if the water level is too high? I will be casting of shore so I like to be ready with the right equipment. :D Also, what is the best bite on the Fox at this time of year, and what kind of bait are you guys using? I usually use corn for Carp and liver for cats when I'm fishing the Fox. Anny suggestions???? The last thing I'd like to know what pound test line do you guys recommend? I've had my line break a quiet a few times last year and at times I thought it was way to thick. Thank you all so much !

:lol:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
The river had been dropping nicely the last few days and If I had to guess I'd say the river won't come up too much from the rain. Looking at the gauges, the creeks didn't come up too much and neither did the Wisconsin portion of the river.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Cold front moving in for this weekend so it may be a bit nipply. Bite may be tough. Depending on what you are fishing for really dictates what size line you are using. I usually have 6-8lb test for the bass, 2-4lb for the panfish and 10-15lb for the carpus maximus. Depending on what types of cats you are fishing for I would increase or decrease between what's recommended for the carp. If you are going for flatheads you could stumble across some horses. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.