Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit up Chicago today for the first time. I went to montrose about 7 pm, there were tons of fishermen there. I bought a cleo and a ko wobbler but didnt have any light to charge it like everyone was doing. Nobody was catching fish, I casted tons and moved around and met a few people. I saw nobody catching on spoons so I put on a rattletrap.
Finally someone caught a small coho which he just muscled out of the water onto the concrete around 10:30 pm. 10-15 minutes later I was talking to a guy as I casted and it was fish on! The fight lasted a few minutes and attracted lots of attention, and in the end I got the only king out of the 50 plus fishermen I saw out there :D It should be a good eating size because its small, I dont eat fish so Im gonna bring it to grandmas house to share with her.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do I do with the fish now? I brought it home on ice but was too lazy to clean it last night so I put it in the freezer the past 12 hours. Should I fillet it today? Or wait till I have someone whos gonna eat it and thaw it and clean it the day i give it away?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Never did that. I don't think you could refreeze again . I say thaw it clean it and fire that grill up.

Might want to ask the Salmon guys ChgoEnforcer or Washhusky101 their
advice.

Congrats on your fish

NPIKE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.