Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friend are gonna hit the ice for the first time ever other than just messing around on his backyard pond for bluegills. We have no electronic equipment, but I have a very good knowledge of the lake we are going to as far as depths, dropoffs, holes, structure, things like that. My question is; at this time of winter where will the fish be located (looking for anything really) we will be getting out more towards dark. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I was on a little body of water (6-8 feet deep) new years eve, and just outside the weedline they were right off the bottom. This has been my experience most times. However, this is at places with little to no structure. I would think that will affect where they are hanging out.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I think early season you will find fish at the weedline but later on you might want to find the deepest hole. Legend seems to have a handle on it so I would listen to his suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.