Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got there a little late, around 8:15. There were a handful of other guys down there, around 10. Consensus was the same, slow morning...

I stayed for an hour or so, 1 keeper, 1 dink, and 3 other bites... thats it.

I switched spots quite a few times, tried to work different areas. One group of 3 guys had something like 10 in there bucket. Some of them were pretty small. I certainly wouldn't have kept them.

No ice at all, cold wind, and a MEAN mudline out at the end of the pier, if the wind switches North-East or East its going to be game over for water clarity. I think I might try next Monday or Tuesday, but that would be the earliest for me.

I kept the one because I'm working on a photography book of fish of the great lakes.

Here is the perch image for you all, enjoy it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey that comparison is pretty sweet, I can see why you called them pale yesterday.

Mplant I like your shot too, that looks delicious!

My goal is to catch a decent specimen of all different fish species in the great lakes and get good, high quality photographs of them and make a book.

So I might need to go on some species specific outings with some of my fellow windy city fisherman!

Glad you guys enjoyed the photograph, I'll keep em' coming.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks for the report and pic cam. I think im going to hold out a little for warmer temps before I go again but you never know when duty calls. Maybe mon/tues :lol:

Nice pic mike, Wed. I fried up some white bass for lunch and my beer battered perch for dinner. They were great!

Cam, If you ever want to photo gobies, I catch them aaaaallllll summer long, you should tag along. lol And some more perch too

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.