Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a bunch of people ice fishing there as I drove by. Probably due to the melting ice, they were all near the shore. I wonder if there was an outing. What do you think they were catching and isn't it still C&R for ice fishing?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
my buddy was there on Saturday. He said he caught about 15 gills, all small... a few crappies that were as well all small and 1 dink bass about 12 inches.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is this place worth while to fish at all. I hear from alot of people this is a Carp Pond. I am a huge Bass Fisherman that lives about 3 Miles from the Lake. I am looking for something else besides Lake Arlington all the time.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Novak, I just saw your reply and question today. Actually there is Carp, but Many bass in there as well. Lots of dinks with some Hawgs mixed in the bag. Jerkbaits and cranks work well there as well as senko's ofcourse. I swear on my life I saw a bass around 24"s swimming the shoreline.. I have caught 23" bass at 7 lbs out of a couple quarries and some bass around 20"s out of ponds in my life. I swear this bass was around 8-9 lbs! It was the biggest bass I have ever seen in IL!!! I try catching him by pitching a jig. He wanted nothing to do with it. I have never seen him again. This was about 4-5 years ago. I was going back every for days to fish at Donut lake for a long time but then got sick of it. It is a pretty good lake. You have to pay to fish wich is a bummer. I believe it is $3.00 for a non resident and 2 for a resident. This Lake is stocked. So I believe thats why they charge. Plus if people just want to fish there, you just buy the pass and you don't need a fishing license... Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
I have caught 23" bass at 7 lbs out of a couple quarries and some bass around 20"s out of ponds in my life. I swear this bass was around 8-9 lbs! It was the biggest bass I have ever seen in IL!!! I try catching him by pitching a jig. He wanted nothing to do with it. I have never seen him again. This was about 4-5 years ago.
8-9 pounder is a beast!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
My family goes there quite a bit and have had some pretty good times out there.
We have caught several 20" lmb's,good size channel cats,crappie,and an occasional tiger
muskie.All in all it's a pretty nice little lake.They also got a 50" tiger muskie out of there
a while back :shock: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
This lake was the dead sea last year when we made swiss cheese out of it... I have heard and seen photos of Tigers up to 40 inches outta there but 50? Not likely... :shock: - BPM

·
Registered
356 Posts
That is one monster tiger but the pic I saw was a bigger fish and a different guy.
They also had it posted as a 50" .It might not look like a lake that could hold a 50 but
it was out there. I will keep looking for the pic.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It is recorded as a 51" tiger on the website for Twin Lakes that must have been
the one I saw, just a different pic from a different angle,or it could be I'm just getting
old and having some memory problems. :oops: .Anyway you look at it though,it is one
helluva fish. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.