Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time I was fishing the dam area for about one hour. No fish caught.
Saw at least 20 other people fishing. There was couple of guys which caught nice 23-25" walleye on jig/ minnow. Picture below. They kept the fish :roll: ……………..why :shock: …..If to eat they are crazy.
I am surprised that there is no any warning sign that the water is polluted and is unsafe to eat any fish.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the report and info Bob, There are many walleye in there, But I tend to stay away from the crowds and go out on my buddies boat to catch and release some eyes when there is open water. I see it all the time. Wait until it floods and you see over 15 guys walking away with their limit. :roll: It's a shame. I released a 25-26" walleye in front of a bunch of guys in 2008 off shore when I went just to get outta the house, and yea... All were in shock when they saw me release it. I was getting yelled at. :roll: That's one reason why I hate Busse fisherman. I have had arguments and such with the ignorant fisherman there, especially when they keep under-sized eyes... This is one reason why I never put any Busse Reports up. If I am catching... That place will get rapped if they read reports when it gets hot. :wink:

Dave

Nice try out there though. I'm suprised you didn't hook into 1. You will get em next time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,181 Posts
Are you surprised about the bucket, I mean Busse fishermen keeping fish? Personally, I wouldn't eat any of the fish caught around Chicago other than Lake Michigan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
I kept a nice walleye outta fox lake once, and it was not a tasty one, i couldnt imagine the putrid flavor of a busse walleye, that sounds alot worse than fox. But I agree, eating fish outta busse does not sound appetizing, ill prolly only keep panfish from waters around here from now on, and never from a lake like busse, yuck!

Bucketheads at busse are the worst of the worst, no doubt about it. And the DNR/police that patrol there are even worse than the bucketheads, they never bother a buckethead with god knows how many illegal fish they got (and id bet my bottom dollar, most those guys don't even drop the 10$ for a fishing liscense), but they will mess with any boater for silly dumb reasons that i wont even get into. They like to pass out citations left and right for the dumbest reasons that any officer in a real/respectable DNR department would never consider.

Busse has some very nice eyes, me and my friends Have CPR'd many mambo jambo's, but I see more BS go on there than any water I have wet a line in in my entire life, not to even mention all the fruits giving each other H-Jobs in the parking lots and backing in with their windows half rolled down to meet new "buddies". And all the dead bodies that get found there every other few months, plus the fact that there are trojan and durex products littered throughout every piece of shoreline around the lake. You gotta be crazy to eat a fish outta there.

Its funny tho, I now realize the kinda crap im willing to fish in, just to catch some of those big ol walleye. Busse is anything but a pristine fishery, but it is alot of fun to fish and has good opportunities to hook up with a nice catch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,873 Posts
WOW, that is the worst picture I`ve ever seen painted of Busse :shock: I never thought it was that bad lol
I guess u never been to Skokie Lagoons lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
BassMasterErik said:
I kept a nice walleye outta fox lake once, and it was not a tasty one, i couldnt imagine the putrid flavor of a busse walleye, that sounds alot worse than fox. But I agree, eating fish outta busse does not sound appetizing, ill prolly only keep panfish from waters around here from now on, and never from a lake like busse, yuck!

Bucketheads at busse are the worst of the worst, no doubt about it. And the DNR/police that patrol there are even worse than the bucketheads, they never bother a buckethead with god knows how many illegal fish they got (and id bet my bottom dollar, most those guys don't even drop the 10$ for a fishing liscense), but they will mess with any boater for silly dumb reasons that i wont even get into. They like to pass out citations left and right for the dumbest reasons that any officer in a real/respectable DNR department would never consider.

Busse has some very nice eyes, me and my friends Have CPR'd many mambo jambo's, but I see more BS go on there than any water I have wet a line in in my entire life, not to even mention all the fruits giving each other H-Jobs in the parking lots and backing in with their windows half rolled down to meet new "buddies". And all the dead bodies that get found there every other few months, plus the fact that there are trojan and durex products littered throughout every piece of shoreline around the lake. You gotta be crazy to eat a fish outta there.

Its funny tho, I now realize the kinda crap im willing to fish in, just to catch some of those big ol walleye. Busse is anything but a pristine fishery, but it is alot of fun to fish and enjoy good opportunities to hook up with a nice catch.
Erik, you should share a few good size walleyes pics that ya got... :wink:

BTW, call me... I might fish deep lake this weekend if your game?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
Did that fish have legs?
Looks like a snakehead.
:shock:

With all the warning, the signs and the wonderful varied trash..
if you still eat one, its like a Box of chocolates.
You never know what you'll get.

eeeewwww..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
The bucket heads are the only thing keeping me away from busse most of the time. It saddens me to hear a poor fish flop around until it dies, especially when I'm with my younger siblings. Usually they don't speak english so I can't attempt to say anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Mattchu said:
The bucket heads are the only thing keeping me away from buss e most of the time. It saddens me to hear a poor fish flop around until it dies, especially when I'm with my younger siblings. Usually they don't speak English so I can't attempt to say anything.
Agreed. Maybe next time we should just take their cane poles and 800ft catfish rods they use for catching half inch fish and snap them in half... :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Kick their buckets over into the water, I have done it before. It does start arguments, but just do it like you accidently did it. Half the time there is floating Walleye in the bucket or a floating bass or some crappies :(

Erik, let me know, call me later... busse is opening up. You know what that means with high water and lots of run-off :wink: Busee is gonna be the ticket!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Busse strikes me as a place that you can do very well if you had a boat. I've heard there's some big bass in there but because I don't have a boat I really don't want to deal with it fishing from shore because it's usually overcrowded.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,230 Posts
spiroh said:
Busse strikes me as a place that you can do very well if you had a boat. I've heard there's some big bass in there but because I don't have a boat I really don't want to deal with it fishing from shore because it's usually overcrowded.
I gotta agree. The tourny we had out there was the first time I fished it and I landed easily over 20 fish, with the majority of them being 12-13''s. When there was people shore fishing I just cruised around them. I was really suprised at the consistent action and how hard they were hammering artificials. Not too bad considering all the poor elements out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
FishinMatt said:
spiroh said:
Busse strikes me as a place that you can do very well if you had a boat. I've heard there's some big bass in there but because I don't have a boat I really don't want to deal with it fishing from shore because it's usually overcrowded.
I gotta agree. The tourny we had out there was the first time I fished it and I landed easily over 20 fish, with the majority of them being 12-13''s. When there was people shore fishing I just cruised around them. I was really suprised at the consistent action and how hard they were hammering artificials. Not too bad considering all the poor elements out there.
I really need to get out on that lake in a boat. I have once before when I was 13 but at that time I wasn't as an avid fisherman as I am now and just threw a bobber with my friend and such, haha. I was also disheartened because we read a depth of 3 feet in the middle of the lake, ha.

I will most likely be out and rent a boat there this spring. I've given up on shore fishing there. As great as some of the locations look and how in an normal lake would hold fish it just never produces.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Does anyone know when the boat rental shop opens up again? My mother and I went to busse to rent a boat I think late september and the place was closed we are quite upset cause its definitely a beautiful place to be especially on boat.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top