Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to take the day off of fishing, but I really had the itch to get out like I do every day. All I think about is Fishing or Racing. So I grabbed my flippin Stik and fished my neighborhood pond for about 15-20 minutes hopeing for a bass. I was throwing a Black and red football jig in 1/8oz with a Black and Blue Reaction Innovations Trixie Series trailer. I ended up getting a hit and wham! I slam this crappie with a hook set soo hard, he was 10 feet from shore. Again I had a fish come flying at me. Luckily I didn't break it's jaw on the hook set. She was fine and swam away perfect. I estimated her around 12 inches. I have caught them up to 15 inches in this pond. But not on a god damn jig! :shock: Just thought I would share the report with ya guys. But no bass was to be seen or bite :( Tomorrow I will TRY my best to not get out fishing. I think I need a break! :lol:

Heres the crapster that pissed me off. I was wishn' for one of the many 18-20 inch bass I use to catch outta there.

Have Fun Fishn' guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice crappie, I used to fish Lake Elisa in Valpo at a friends doc and we could catch crappie and bluegill all the time while jigging for bass. As far as I'm concerned anything that puts up a good fight (ok flying through the air might not be the definition of a good fight, but on my microlite rod) is totally welcomed to hit my bait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.