Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i never really fished trout, i did a lot of fly fishing for shinook salmon but thats realy the only kind of river fishing i did, what bait is tends to work the best with trout. and is it "legal" to just park across the street at those office buildings

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Well I would say that fly-fishing is pretty much out for the opener. It tends to be elbow to elbow there. A lot of people use the Berkley Power Bait on a small hook. :wink:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
yeah i've never caught a trout before. would like to know the date. sucks to be cramped out there but might try it.

B

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
toothdoc said:
Well I would say that fly-fishing is pretty much out for the opener.
Normal fly fishing with the crowds is tough, but a fly behind a casting bubble on spinning gear is deadly for the opener. Put a waxworm on that fly and after 5 to 10 casts you might be going home with your five fish.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Yeah I never liked fishing for them stocked trouts. The best teknique would prolly be to use that Berkley poewr bait that is shaped like a pellet.

Ya gotta match th e hatch. That is what they 9the trouts) have been feeding on all of ther lifes.

THEy also kind of taste lik ass. What do ya do with em to make them taste half way okay?

Kurt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1. Put oil, wine, tarragon, salt and pepper into a heavy plastic bag. Add fillets. Close bag and turn to coat fish. Refrigerate 1-2 hours, turning once or twice.
2. Grill fish in lightly oiled wire basket or on grilling screen over hot coals 5-7 minutes, turning once, until fillets are barely opaque in thickest part when tested with knife. Or broil on oiled broiler pan rack as close to heat as possible, 5-7 minutes without turning fish. Garnish with tarragon and lemon wedges.

2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. dry white wine or lemon juice
2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp. dried)
1/4 tsp. each salt & pepper
4 (6 oz.) salmon trout or rainbow trout fillets
For garnish: Tarragon sprigs & lemon wedges

i think that'll get the ass taste out of them for ya

·
Registered
331 Posts
Penguin said:
1. Put oil, wine, tarragon, salt and pepper into a heavy plastic bag. Add fillets. Close bag and turn to coat fish. Refrigerate 1-2 hours, turning once or twice.
2. Grill fish in lightly oiled wire basket or on grilling screen over hot coals 5-7 minutes, turning once, until fillets are barely opaque in thickest part when tested with knife. Or broil on oiled broiler pan rack as close to heat as possible, 5-7 minutes without turning fish. Garnish with tarragon and lemon wedges.

2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. dry white wine or lemon juice
2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp. dried)
1/4 tsp. each salt & pepper
4 (6 oz.) salmon trout or rainbow trout fillets
For garnish: Tarragon sprigs & lemon wedges

i think that'll get the ass taste out of them for ya
Thanks I will have to try that recipe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.