Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2glasseyes caught a bunch of small bass at Beck in the last two days and asked me to post the pics because of his dial up connection.

On the Northwest side of the lake he reported seeing tons of fish jumping out of the water at the same time as if they were being spooked by something (huge pike?). Anyways he anchored his boat in the middle of the jumps and proceeded to catch a bunch of little guys on mini strike kings and small floating rapalas. Here are some pics. . .

The stocking data I have on beck only goes back to 2000 and says that there hasn't been any LMB stocking. These pics show that there is still a healthy bass population in Beck with the weed kill and all.

BTW Rudy said he saw a huge 20+" bass swimming toward shore today! I think we should have a little boat tourney there is a few weeks anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I have the stocking for 1999 and 2000

99 Walleye 120,000 Fry
99 Pike 144 8"-10"
00 Walleye 425,000 Fry
00 Pike 144 8"-10"

I would guess theres plenty of breeding LMB in that lake.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nice. I'm gonna have to get out there this weekend before the weeds get too bad to fish well from shore. Looks like the bass are picking up the pace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.