Chicago Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Last I checked Illinois is still broke and unvaccinated people are supposed to wear masks per CDC guidance. I'll assume Wolfie and other anti maskers like him will pretend they are vaccinated.

It's hilarious people like him think it's a conspiracy plandemic by democrats even though a republican was in the white house and controlled the Senate as well as most state governments. Not to mention the rest of the world would have to be in on the plandemic.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
We have to provide proof of vaccination now at work if we want to go unmasked inside our building. If we don't provide it we have to mask up, regardless of whether one has actually gotten the shot. It has been an interesting workplace topic to say the least.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
FishinMatt said:
We have to provide proof of vaccination now at work if we want to go unmasked inside our building
Not a surprise considering it's a High school. Just got another letter with my paycheck reminding us to wear a mask if we can't keep 6 feet distance Friday. :roll: HR :lol:
Quite surprised to see on Friday, the mask mandate signs disappear from the doors of the gas station i visit. Got my first coffee in 14 months mask free, Just cause i could :sarcasm:, still wear it when i make deliveries, barely wear it at work :roll: oh well. It protects my chest most times :lol: But still, can't leave home without it. :eh:

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I shook a customer's hand today. First handshake in about 15 months. And I was unmasked.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Bring on the fake vaccine certificate.

I don't know but to me it seems wrong that a workplace would require an employee to put drugs in their body otherwise they can't work.
For everyone's good, yeah I know but honestly does that seem right.

~JOE~

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Busse Jim, this is for the pd. The school is still all masked regardless. I actually agree with the schools decision on that one. With only a few weeks left, I don't think it is wise to change any policy.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My work lifted mask requirements for vaccinated people so I am getting the J&J shot today. Powerful incentive.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I keep hearing follow the science. If an individual has had corona and recovered they now have an immunity to it so why would they be vaccinated? No vaccine, no work. Can't be right. Please enlighten me.

~JOE~

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
joetrain said:
No vaccine, no work. Can't be right. Please enlighten me.
Joe: It's really quite simple. Employers have the right to establish personnel policies. Things like, no harassment, no shitting on desks, no coming to work naked, etc. etc.

Want a job? Accept HR policies. If a policy is, "No vaccine, no job" your choice is simple - isn't it?

Oh, and BTW - I'm supposed to be the flaming lib around here so why do I have to explain this? You're sounding like either a libertarian or an adolescent. I'm assuming it's the former.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Final update on shot 2 of the Moderna! My arm hurt and was just a little tired. Still managed to go out for 2 runs this weekend and have a fun BBQ with friends.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I don't know what classification I am other than Christ follower. I just don't understand how an employer has the right to force their employees to inject drugs into their bodies as a condition of continuing employment. To my limited understanding it's not the same as a harassment policy. If it is I'm glad I am retired.

~JOE~

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Employers have the right (remember - corporations are "people") to set the conditions of employment. In my experience they're usually based on real-world behavior and law.

So let's assume a company doesn't require vaccination but requires employees to show up for work (duh?). Now let's assume someone infected with COVID comes to work, infects other employees and someone dies. (I know that where you live this is an unusual circumstance but in much of the world it happens with some regularity that's why it's a PANDEMIC).

Since we live in the good, ole, USA where you can pretty much sue anyone for anything, I think we can further assume there will be law suits as a result of the employer's 'negligence'.

So legal tells HR "Don't let anyone work who hasn't been fully vaccinated unless they work from home and will NEVER, EVER, EVER come into contact with other employees". All make perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I worked in construction so I couldn't work from home. I could work alone though. So would my employer be required to allow me to work on a job site alone if I refused a vaccine? What about those who already had the virus? They have the antibodies so why would they have to be vaccinated?

~JOE~

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
joetrain said:
I worked in construction so I couldn't work from home. I could work alone though. So would my employer be required to allow me to work on a job site alone if I refused a vaccine? What about those who already had the virus? They have the antibodies so why would they have to be vaccinated?

~JOE~
From what I've heard, the immunity you get from having recovered from COVID doesn't last as long as what you get from a vaccine.

In your case I think you'd probably spending more time explaining to HR & legal why you should be allowed to work unvaccinated than you'd find tolerable.

But the larger question is, "what's your problem with vaccines?" Is it just this one or are you opposed in general? Overall, vaccines have been a huge benefit to mankind. We've gotten rid of polio, measles, small pox and all sorts of other nasties. I just don't get all the anti-vax stuff.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
No problem with vaccines. I don't feel I need this one because my risks are extremely low. If I still lived up north it might be a different story.

I know we are not there yet but I fear we are on our way to some day being required to have a vaccine to be able to function in society. So my body my choice is out the window. Some may disagree and say that it will always be the case but if my choice means I can't be hired or I can't purchase or fly on a plane how can that be right in a free society.

~JOE~

·
Registered
405 Posts
The employers cannot request you get the vaccine yet because vaccine is approved for emergency use only. They can request that you get one if you want to walk around without a mask.
So more accurately, No vaccine, work with mask on.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
matt_ski said:
The employers cannot request you get the vaccine yet because vaccine is approved for emergency use only. They can request that you get one if you want to walk around without a mask.
So more accurately, No vaccine, work with mask on.
^^^^This I agree with. Gives the individual the right to choose.

~JOE~

41 - 60 of 66 Posts