Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got skunked. Didnt see anything caught at the pool by Arlinton Hts Rd.
Walked to the wwd, got negative reports there too. And the water coming out of the tunnel...it was black. :roll:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the report, I went out to the southpool 3/11 during the afternoon with 6 guys and all we could get was gills crappies and yellow bass. Try the south pool. If you want, I can put you in the right direction for some gills n craps if you just want to get on a little bit of action.

Dave

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Black water? You sure it wasn't the down towards the black rocky bottom? Well sucks cause I don't think wwd will recover before the weeds start to form.
And dave where were you catching crappies at exactly and what bait? Thanks

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave but I was hoping to get on something with lures. :roll: I go on lunch from the work these days, so no time for/place to keep live bait :(
I have been trying down there since I got a little pike on a spinnerbait. It got my hopes up.

And rootpro, it was dark straight out the pipe. :?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
Thanks Dave but I was hoping to get on something with lures. :roll: I go on lunch from the work these days, so no time for/place to keep live bait :(
I have been trying down there since I got a little pike on a spinnerbait. It got my hopes up.

Twoglasseyes,

Try fishing the small dam by the boat launch off of higgins. I had some good success with the eyes there in a past around this time just slow rolling a 1/8 jighead with a 3" yellow yum twister. I am going to try it tomrrow after work.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice meeting you today Twoglasseyes the water coming out from the grates was black with alot of dirt . Not one fish was seen. Went to the creek nothing. Tryed crawlers,wax worms and minnows not even a bite.
Maybe things will improve this week.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
twoglasseyes said:

My Bad, I didn't know if you were going to hit it on the ice next time... I have done decent on JerkBaits at the wwd but haven't been there for a couple years now. I keep saying im going to go but just haven't done it yet. I need to get out there soon.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.