Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rarely see posts for the glen so went out this afternoon. Besides the brush snag piles I really enjoy the lake. 5th cast had this well built bass hit my jerkbait. Fair amount of activity on the surface....wish I had a popper on me.

After snagging some gills I felt it was time to ship off. Went to occ. stained low water, no weed growth. Saw some carp by the wall but no bass action.

Off to beck....on consecutive casts I got this hammer handle and nice perch on an xrap.
Hammer time

Rare shoreline perch
Thumbs up

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
junglejim said:
The Glen doesn't officially open until April 15 !!!
Well shit I parked n saw a few guys out there casting, walked to a rock pile that the only sign in the area said "designated fishing area". Had no idea there was a shore fishing season. Doesn't make much sense on a catch n release lake.

Can someone clarify this? Guess I won't be back there for a while.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Found this with a little research for ya.

FISHING RULES:
A valid state fishing license is required.
No boating, swimming or ice skating.
Catch and release fishing is strictly enforced. Carp are the exception and may be taken.
Fish in designated areas only.
Piers are handicapped accessible.
Fishing Hours: 5 am-8 pm
Alcohol is prohibited.
Season: May 15-November 15
Emptying of bait buckets in lake is prohibited.
Spear, gig, and bow and arrow fishing are prohibited.
One pole limit per person.

Found it on here.

http://glenview.il.us/Documents/Gallery_Park_Map.pdf

Looks like it's actually May 15, not April 15. Weird.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crazy well I guess it's back to the normal haunts for me until May. Thanks for the info. Like I said had no idea....just saw guys out there and where I went the only sign I saw said "designated fishing area". Maintenance guys in white pickups parked near by and even asked "any luck" so I had no reason to believe I was fishing "out of season". They should add a season sign to the designated fishing signs imo

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Never fished there, but thought I'd help ya out. I can't imagine you're hurting anything. It's a C&R lake... so it's not like there needs to be a season. Regs are regs, though, I guess. If the guys working there don't even know the regulations... that's kinda sad. :lol:

That link, and regs are from 2011, though, so maybe they've changed?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SmalliesNEyes said:
Never fished there, but thought I'd help ya out. I can't imagine you're hurting anything. It's a C&R lake... so it's not like there needs to be a season. Regs are regs, though, I guess. If the guys working there don't even know the regulations... that's kinda sad. :lol:

That link, and regs are from 2011, though, so maybe they've changed?
Appreciate it. I called gallery park and was put on hold for a while then was told it was may 15th . She said she was reading off original transcript and that it may have been revised. She said it's done through the glenview park district and not the park itself. Oh well with so many non seasonal lakes in the area it won't be a buzzkill to wait a couple months.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Nice, Kev. That pic of the bass really pops. I like that park with the playground by there. Great place to drop off the wife and kids for a bit and sneak off to check the "conditions" on the lake (with rod in hand) :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice! Thx to everyone cuz I also didn't know about the season in this lake. Just started to fish out there last year.
I got ~18" bass with a few casts out there towards the end of the year.

I went to Beck once last year, and no one caught anything. Fished around the boat launch. Where did you fish there?

Beautiful fish!

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
My best buddy fishes there frequently. Last year some a-hole was buzzing him with a drone while he was fishing.

I think if that ever happens to me I'll see if I can catch me a drone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.