Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got there at 7 went to first pier had big roaches,on slip bobbers,twice had fish take them under the pier but all they did was scale the minnow,tried a couple of other spots ,and got tired of carring the dam bucket, put in the car ,went with plastics,buy the second pier but on the other side 2nd cast got this guy 25in,if you look you can see were somebody at one time chewed on him

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
nice eye! never been to IG. gotta check it out. what kind of plastic did you get him on?

B

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nice walleye.

I'll bet you that the chewer you speak of was a musky. Although they don't currently stock the lake they did a bunch of years ago and I assume there are still some nice ones swimming around in there. Probably not reproducing though so once they're gone, they're gone for good.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no idea i got hundreds of loose worms,i have bought for the last 30 years,it is a cool looking worm thin.green with purplegreen specks in it,it sinks very slowly,a lot of wiggle to it, worms and swim baits seem to work better than cranks at ig but when i fish sterling cranks are better, i guess you never no ,so when i fish from shore i carry a little bit of everthing,i use a backpack on my dog to carry most of my tackle but i canit take him ig.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Eye Oldsalt. That bait almost looks like a robo worm. That should work awesome for drop shotting! :D

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice eyeball!
Say are they charging to get in yet? I've always wanted to fish that place...it looks so interesting. Plus the variety of fish and size are always noteworthy.

Wrench wrote:

That bait almost looks like a robo worm.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I've actually put those on a Charlie Brewer Slider and slammed the bass with them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not thrilled to hear walleye were not making it back into the lake this weekend.
IG is C&R only.
No hesitations on my end to confront that garbage. Too good of a place not to.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No they were not charging yet,if you got a cell phone try to call somebody,or look for the ranger,i say donit comfront those people,yourselfllast year i saw 2 guys useing gills they were catching for bait,i drove around found the ranger and turned them in,and the guy i caught is still swimming,thats why most of my fish pitures you will see the fish on the ground cause i donit feel like hauling the tripod around and i donit want to the fish out of the water to long When useing the boat i have the tripod bolted to the boat,i can take a quick piture, I am working with the dog to teach hhim how to use the camera

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Why not "confront "people? Are fishermen that scary that you dare not inform them of rules on the lake they are fishing/ Did you ever see the brady bunch episode on tattle tales? I brought bluegill from my backyard pond one day last year/ there is a vhs rule where you cant move fish now. I was ignorant of that rule and the best way to teach me would be to tell me vs a 50 dollar plus fine.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
But I believe strongly that peer pressure is more effective deterrent than anything the law has to offer. Alot less people would be breaking the rules if they cant get away with that crap without getting hassled. If they try ignoring you call the cops on them right in their face, let them hear you giving their description. If worse comes to worst I can outrun 95% of bucketheads. The tattle tale stuff is crap tho, first off the dnr of cops aint gonna show 90 % of the time. Then half the rules are bs, like if some guys were using bluegill out of ig- that place could use some fish harvests. I called cops on 3 teens I saw with a bass in a bucket last year. I regretted it later because that lake is infested with small bass, it is being mismanaged by making it catch and release only.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Oldsalt wrote:

I am working with the dog to teach him how to use the camera
LOL...I had to paws for a moment when I read that one. :lol:

I don't think you will be successful tho...the dog doesn't have a long enough index ummm....finger to hit the button. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.