Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to Axehead at about 5:20AM to find Augy getting out of his car. Started off on the southwest end of the lake. Used powerbait (rainbow) and gulp salmon eggs for awhile, but nothing wanted to bite. Tried an inflated crawler and ended up with a bluegill. I quickly decided not to go that route. Saw a guy pull up two on the east end, and I think we had only one our side.

Decided to move with Augy to the north. Got a bite on the power egg shortly after my first cast, but wasn't able to connect. Oh well...

Finished just before 8AM in order to get to work.

I guess it was one of those "shoulda been here yesterday" kind of day.

It's always good to fish before work. It was nice fishing with some of the WCF folks this AM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I And Pedz woke that Yonah up............ Waited for the northsider to get there to show us how it was done.Aug did have the first fish on but lost the monster right before the shore.
Pedz did manange to keep the southsider up with 2 fish. I am only a troller so I do have an excuse...........

Rockfish

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
good job out there pez. glad somebody hooked up with a couple rainbows. it was good to fish with uncle rock somewhere other than on his boat. :mrgreen:

good to fish with you again Hide. You almost had one!

sean (sculpin), sorry about the false advertisement! LOL. don't feel to bad, i got skunked too.

temps were about 5 degrees colder than yesterday. may have slowed the bite.

we had 6 wcf members come out today. that's crazy!!! it's a tuesday!!! LOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
I probably saw you guys out there today. I arrived about 5:15 and fished till 7:30 the bite came to a screaching halt at 7am. I was the guy in the green northface jacket looking like I was bundled up for a 12 week artic winter. I ended up with two and missed a few more. Same drill, powerbait. It seems like the fish are beginning to become less plentiful in a hurry. The action wasn't quite as consistent. I think it's about time for some bass fishin anyway. Although... those are some tasy trout.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Augy said:
it was good to fish with uncle rock somewhere other than on his boat. :mrgreen:
How soon we forget......
Thats two outings with you before you even skunk my "Rocket" as you say of a boat.
perch? drove until we got till yourside to find one....Bar, eye candy?
Rockfish

·
Registered
401 Posts
had a blast... hooked into and landed a couple rainbows.... rock has one of the pics up there :D Ya... 7 people on a tuesday morning lmao. I am sittin at work dead to the world right now, I've been awake since 9am monday morning... and probably going to fall asleep at work sometime throughout the day. Had a great time though, was great meetin some of yous guys here on WCF... and look forward to meetin some more of you or running into you all again sometime. until then... go catch some fish!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh well,

The skunk wasn't so bad. That was the first time in a long time that I fished before work, and it was cool to meet some good guys.

Only now I'm steamed about the false advertisements of the weathermen. It was supposed to continually get warmer as the week went on, so I was looking forward to going out again, but not in the freaking blowing SNOW! Is it April or DECEMBER? Hopefully be out on Sat AM though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.