Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was gonna stop at a local pond on the way home for some pannies or bass but opted for the river since I hadn't fished it in a couple weeks.

Water as high as ever, but that created some slower deep pools that weren't available before. Fished 5:30-6:45 with a jig & 3" GULP! minnow and a firetiger Shad Rap RS. No one else reported any action, but after awhile of nothing began gettin' a few taps on the jig. Wasn't sure if it was bottom or fish, but regardless was coming up empty-handed. Right before I left I finally connected on a small but chunky 15" male that barely let me know he was biting. Rewarding as it was my first walter of '08. More to come soon. About a week away from a more consistent bite if I can find some slack water. No camera since I came from work, sorry :oops: .

Weekend forecast looks great and the ice is gone on Wonder Lake so the maiden voyage on my vessel may be in order. Till then, good fishing.

Alex

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Cool that u got ur 1st walter,were u fishing up by ur neck of the woods ?

I seen a pic of a 7lb walleye from Wonder Lake caught last week.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Aris,

Was fishing the McHenry Dam. Was the walter you're referring to from the Fox or from Wonder Lake itself? If from Wonder Lake that only excites me that much more as the lake is now ice free, but that's only been the case for a few days, so it must've been from shore or back when there was safe ice.

While we're talking about Wonder Lake, do you have a brother or relative that owns Alex's on Rte 120? Was grabbing a gyros the other day and the guy at the counter looked alot like you, but so do most greeks for that matter :lol: !

Alex

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
It was from shore from Wonder Lake.

I own Alexs` on rt 120 and that long haired freak was probably my cousin.
I have short grey hair

Next time ur in there say something, cuz all the anglo-saxons look the same to me also :lol:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, that being said, good gyros! The only good one I've found since moving north, which can be hard after living near the city for so long.

Good news on the fish. Any info on what it was caught on or if it was released... better start casting minnowbaits soon!

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
I'm all around "the best gyros" And pizza.... MMMMMM MMMM Stuffed pizza From Chicago's top 3 Restaurants. I'm spoiled when it comes to food I guess around here. Now I'm hungry..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Congrats on your first walleye of the year Alex!

AL-Quatics said:
Weekend forecast looks great and the ice is gone on Wonder Lake so the maiden voyage on my vessel may be in order.
What kind of boat did you buy?

Good luck on your maiden voyage! :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Didn't know you owned Alex's, been there a few times myself.. Damn good gyros I must say.

Let me know if you take the boat out Alex, just slow down a bit when you drive by and ill jump in...

May try to do some shore fishing tonight if the rain lets up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What kind of boat did you buy?
When I said maiden voyage, I was referring to to the first trip out on my new lake. I've had this boat for quite a few years now... 16' Sylvan, Deep-V, console steering, 40 hp/30mph Evinrude, Minn Kota Bow-Mount foot control trolling motor, etc. It gets the job done nicely from here to Canada & everywhere in between.

My bad if I was confusing.

Alex

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.