Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Eric (Edai) got out to Deep at 6am and fished until around 1pm.

We ended up with a total of 6 fish, 5 coming from the south-eastern shore and one from the point -- all off of rattlin' rapalas and rat-L-traps.

We fished em' in pretty shallow water, from 2-6 feet (estimate) and ripping them through small clumps of weeds. We noticed that all of the fish hit our lures relatively close to the boat, not sure if they were following our baits or just popping out of holes in the weedbeds and striking.

First fish of the day (~16") caught as early as 7:15am -- you can see the sun coming up :)

Second fish of the day (~14-15") caught real shallow near the point.

Eric with a real nice fish (~17") caught in our last hour on the south-eastern shore

Not sure how Augy, Culprit, and Jason did because they got out around when we were about to leave, so keep checkin' for their report. :)

All together a very nice outing on one of the most beautiful days all year! We also were fortunate enough to help a young girl get her kite back as it flew off the public beach area right next to where we were fishing. Always feels good to be a helping hand :lol:

Finished the day off with a run to bass pro shops and topped it off with White Castle drive through. Now that's an awesome Deep Lake outing!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,
We didn't have anything to measure water temperature with. Maybe the other WCF boat had a thermometer?

All I know is that when we first got out, it looked like the dead sea. Saw random stuff floating around and the lake was completely calm. By 10am though it got pretty windy and choppy and the lake was well-churned up. We did snag lots of ALIVE weeds, which was our main target in finding the fish. Hope to see you out there next time. :D

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Aris .....You got skunked at Deep ..........OUCH!!!!!
:twisted: I better start looking for a new partner.....j/k :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
not much to report here. jason got a HUGE :shock: 12inch bass. :lol:

not looking good for me with deep this year. 2 outings and 2 skunks. :cry:

got in BIG trouble with the mrs. afterwards!! took her shopping and dinner right away. she loves me again and actually got to fish today for a few hours with Will and Jason. :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.