Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On short notice, Fishin D was nice enough to give me an invite on his Prowler on a local lake. It was a cold morning, but I had high hopes for having a good morning after catching one from shore while waiting for him to arrive.

After getting launched we ran into Special Ed who informed us it had been a slow morning. We pounded the water, but for the first few hours we only had a few short strikes. Finally I got lucky as we trolled over to a new spot.

Right before we got off the water, we finally dialed in a pattern, and caught 2 and lost 2. The afternoon bite was probably good, but we had other commitments pulling us away.

We ended up with 4 fish with about the same amount lost. While it was slow, it was fun to work the water and dial in a pattern. Thanks for the invite out D :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sean, we started getting bit working the outside edge of a creek channel. Earlier in the day we had worked the inside edge of and got nothing. I don't think it hurt either that the water temp was up about 3 or 4 degrees from when we started either. The only baits we had action on where traps and jigs tipped with Gulp.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for getting out with me Matt! Good time, even though I was not exactly able to "Close the Deal" after hooking the kicker fish... :cry: We'll get out again sometime soon, as D-Day draws near for SpEd, I'll be minus a fishing bud for a while :p . Definitely diggin what that little teensy weensy chatter head jig was doing. Gonna pick me up a couple for those nasty cold front days.

Next time we try to figure out the pattern a little sooner :wink: Soon that woodpile will be hawg heaven.

I may need the name of the motor guy you have. Will find out more about my engine Monday, but a rebuilt may be a better option.

D

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Nice fish guys, glad you figured out a pattern.

We started on the channel this morning, and dropped it for a stretch of protected shoreline since my brother didn't bring a jacket. :roll:

I ended up with two missed fish on the pb&j jig n' craw, and one 12 incher on a red craw red eye shad.

Tough morning bite, and it was even tougher getting the boat on the trailer in that wind! I forgot how bad not having a motor in the back makes it a beeyotch!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Those are some solid fish! Looks like one liked the chatter!
Sounds like you did your homework with decent results considering this messed up weather pattern.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.