Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Private lake in Gilmer IL

Fished with a slip bobber and minnows, with no results, and a #3 Mepps Streamer Agila single hook.

Caught 5 lmb a crappie on the Mepps
The bass were very agressive and were slamming the spinner, it's a small pond. I think the water temp is higher than most other bodies of water right not

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Nice pictures And Great report!

I hate those dam mepps spinners personally...lol just because i've fished tournaments were the qualifying length was 12" and that bait catches a lot of small large mouth around that size but also able to land really big ones on it to. Other then for smallies I wont have one on me.

But i do recommend you getting some they do catch you alot of fish!

keep the great reports coming!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i love using Mepps in the boundry waters in Minnesota for smallies. They're great in current and you will catch any and everything on them

The one i was using yesterday is a really good bait for use in snaggy areas. The single hook got out of a lot of spots where i usually lose my lures to the lake. George, you might find them useful in the river

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.