Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
temps in upper 30's. light flurries but nothing dreadful. winds out NE 5mph.

fished from 5am and limited out by 6:40. southwest corner. lost one.

had a double for #3 and #4 trout. reeled in #3 while keeping the rod from going overboard with my right foot. dragged him ashore and bingo, 2 trout just like that.

i was the first one there and 30 minutes later 2 other anglers walked in and guess where they fished??? right next to me!! the entire lake is open and they come fish right next to me. oh well! it didn't bother me too much. i was catching all the fish! :twisted:

going out again tomorrow if anybody wants to join me. hopefully there will be fish left.

the catch of the day:

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Augy... you are the king of the Illinois put-and-take inland trout program. Stocked trout ponds at outdoors shows and carnivals fear you. If the Fisherman's Dude Ranch was still open, they would honor you for your rainbow marshmallow trout catching techniques. :roll:
:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JasonN said:
Augy... you are the king of the Illinois put-and-take inland trout program. Stocked trout ponds at outdoors shows and carnivals fear you. If the Fisherman's Dude Ranch was still open, they would honor you for your rainbow marshmallow trout catching techniques. :roll:
:lol:
yup, cause my years of training in the super secret ancient chinese shaolin monk techique of rolling up a ball of berkely marshmellow, placing it on a hook and getting just the right amount of wrist action as i cast 15 feet from shore is the only reason why i am so successful. :mrgreen:

Hide, yes I'll be there on the south end again but just a bit to the west. They opened up the lots at 7 this time so you'll have to park on River Rd.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Must be the trick. I went today 5:30pm to 6:45pm... stood in the "Augy" spot, casted right in the same 15 foot area and got SKUNKED AGAIN......there are no trout in Axehead you stopped by the suppermarket and took their pictures......LMAO....good job Augy :wink:

The better news is that I saw two bass swimming around :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
431 Posts
Once again Augy thanks for the help and koudos to you for going Mon. morning and catching your limit. If anything you are a good ambassador for WCF. Not only did you get up early, brave the freezing cold, but you also took the time to invite everyone and meet and help the new members. You did the job that any good site manager should have done (not naming names or anything).

I'm only kidding Jason.

P.S. Augy-Don't take sh** off of no one.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Thank goodness Augy is around for the trout fishing! :roll: Just kidding bro. Augy certainly is a great ambassador for the site. As him and I discussed yesterday, his wonderful vibrant personality has brought many new members to the site. :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.