Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took about an hour an a half to myself this evening from 6:30 to 8pm to fish an area in Oswego/Montgomery that I have been meaning to try ever since I moved out that way.

I had a real bad day, with almost everything going wrong, and everyone I came in contact with seemingly hell bent on pissing me off..... So, I needed to deflate and get my mind off of things. Nothing fills that need like the sound of moving water, and slowly working current seams with undulating presentations. :)

The area was the water treatment discharge South of Rt. 30. I used 1/8th and 1/16th oz. jigs/twister tails tipped with the little gulp minnows. I only had 2 moments of excitement, and both resulted in a single large scale coming back on my hook. (carp)

Fish or no fish, I was able to relax, and regroup. Lots of honkers on nests down that way. Most of the lowland is still very saturated and there are even some areas providing run-off to the main river. River felt fast in the main flow, but just right in some areas, especially the gravel bars in 2 to 3 fow. :wink:

Wish I had more time to work the area downstream, but my student/husbandly/fatherly/employee duties called me away from my mini mental vacation.

Kind of hoping the weather gets crappy again soon.......

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
That's actually a great report Ed. Being holed up in an office all day, all winter, being on the banks of the Des Plaines River today was like a vacation from reality - with the exception that this IS my reality. Felt good to feel grounded again.

Fishing and the outdoors is the ultimate drug for me. Fish or no fish, always a refreshing experience.

Thanks for sharing Ed!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ken G said:
I've been running into other fishermen and footprints to that spot.
Been there twice and haven't caught anything.

That happens.

I'm looking forward to the water dropping and being able to make my way down to the power lines and beyond.
I was thinking almost the same thing as I left the other night. I left just as it was getting too dark to see without a light, so I kicked on the headlamp, and slowly made my way out of the current and into the steep undercut bank.

As I was side-stepping through the faster current, I caught a glimpse of some good looking current breaks that looked to fold further back downstream than I had originally seen in daylight.

Well, here's to hoping we don't get too much rain Monday, and hope you find the fish........ soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.