Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
toothdoc I sent you a PM, its cool. I dont want to stir up anything we are all on the same side right. Heck maybe me and you could do some fishing together one day

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the apology. I appreciate it. I would be glad to fish this place with you some time. Maybe you can show me a few tricks. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i usually just use a float and minnow too catch some walleyes and occasionally crank baits work well in the sumer. Last summer I caught a 6lbs. largemouth. I know there is big northern in there because of that article in the paper with a picture of the guy and the fish. But like I said I havent been there in awhile because I can't stand to see the people that mistreat this place. But you are right if we dont speak out and tell them then it will really turn to crap. Toothdoc do you perch fish down at the lake in June around wilmet area?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
A 6lb LMB out of that lake is awesome! I have never fished for perch in Lake Michigan in Illinois before, but have always thought about doing it. I get too caught up in bass fishing I guess. I would like to give it a try sometime.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was an article in the chicago tribune I beleive last summer (it could have been the summer before I cant remember) but there was a fellow at Lake Glenview with I believe a 42'' northern. I've seen some nice ones in there caught a 36'' but 42'' is a monster. I believe it if they are eating those walleys

·
Registered
472 Posts
With the over abundance of shad that are in Lake Glenview, I can beleive that there are probably some real monster northerns in there. The carp population is also out of control, They should have some kind of "Carp Fest".

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I said I havent been there for awhile. The carp are that out of control huh? This weekend Bass Pro Shop Sat 11-4 is having a tasting and fileting instruction for carp. Probably to try to promote that sport of carp fishing to copntrol the population. I believe they are fileting Asian Carp which is not what is in Lake Glen. I never heard anyone say carp is good unless it is smoke. I have personally never tried it so I think I will be going thee to give it a try, we will see. I'll let ya'all know.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
This is all very interesting. I have been fishing this lake since it first opened and have yet to catch a northern there. I don't target them specifically, but when bass or walleye fishing other locations I occasionally pick up a northern. Never at Lake Glenview. I know that they are in there and I know other people like Culprit have caught them there, but they were much smaller ones. This Chicago Tribune article has me wondering the validity of a 42" northern in that lake. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.