Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2nd time out on the yak this year. Worked around the island from 10 til noon. 85 degrees, cloudy & nice slow 5 mph winds. Crazy it was 30 degrees warmer than my first outing last week. Water still feels a little chilly though.

All caught on weightless Kut tails & senkos.

Handful of shorts
Water Vertebrate Lake Fisherman Fish
Water Vertebrate Lake Fisherman Boat
Water Vertebrate Sky Fisherman Fish

And 2 decent bass

Light Automotive tire Tire Bicycle accessory Cyclocomputer
Water Goggles Vertebrate Sunglasses Sky

Big mouth on this one
Light Cyclocomputer Measuring instrument Service Bicycle accessory

Water Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing
Water Sky Vertebrate Goggles Sunglasses

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Excellent! Good stuff there. Hoping to see some action pick up. I've yet to catch my first bass of the season out there.

I had something big swipe at a spinnerbait and miss last week. Big gold side flash in the sun and it was gone... ugh! Still wondering if it was a walleye. Not like bass to miss a lure and it wasn't pike shaped.

I'll be out over the next few days if I don't catch heat stroke before my first fish. Had a rather dicey day at Busse yesterday due to the heat. Not looking to replay that again!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent! Good stuff there. Hoping to see some action pick up. I've yet to catch my first bass of the season out there.
I'll be out over the next few days if I don't catch heat stroke before my first fish
Thanks dude & gotta be careful out there! I know when bank fishin I don't like to lug around a cooler because I'm always moving spots. Nice thing about the yak is cold drinks/snacks are always in reach, although usually no shade. Will be on the lookout for your Beck/Busse reports this year.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice Beck bass! Glad to see someone is starting to catch fish there! I've only been to Beck 3 times in the last month. Twice in April (chilly, one day rainy) & caught nothing. Went back on Monday, 5/9, to hit up a spot that has always been good for me but came away with nothing. Didn't see any blow ups or even bluegill in the shallows. So, like Minstrel, I've yet to get my first bass (or anything else for that matter) of 2022. Early June has traditionally been the best month for me overall, so I'm hoping to tie into some bass in the next month.

Reactions: DCfish
1 - 10 of 10 Posts