Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got out to the Grove early Saturday morning and spent five and a half hours walking around the lake trying to find the fish. I caught a few small bluegill and a tiny bass after a couple of hours on nightcrawlers, but then spent the next three hours getting skunked. I mainly used artificials which weren't working very well today for anyone. As I approached the parking lot to go home I decided to stop and cast a couple more times before heading home. Thankfully I did, and because I love to post photos, here is what I ended up with.......

This ended up being the biggest largemouth I have ever caught. It was 17.5 inches long and 1lb 15oz. Caught it on a weightless Senko. I had to wait five and a half hours, but this one fish made my day. Hopefully more and bigger fish to come! :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Good Job Clancy!
I was there from 7 to about 12, caught 4 dinks, 2 on green strike king spinner baits, and 2 on a perch X Rap. Right on the edge of the weedline, and in between weedlines is where they were hitting. Lake is quite shallow, at the shore, and the weeds are starting to get bad. Id love to try fishing it with a boat someday. Saw a bunch of nesting bass to, decent size but they wouldnt touch a darn thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.